Choosing the right home for you
Some important questions to ask
Before you start shopping, know what you're looking for in a home. Consider what you want now, and what you might want in the future.
· Size requirements: Do you need several bedrooms, more than one bathroom, or a garage?
· Special features: Do you want air conditioning, storage or hobby space, a fireplace or a swimming pool? Do you have family members with special needs?
· Lifestyles and stages: Do you plan to have children? Do you have teenagers who will be moving away soon? Are you close to retirement?
· Setting: Do you want to live in a city, the suburbs or a rural environment?
· Work: Are you willing to take on a long commute every morning?
· School: Where will your children go to school and how will they get there?
· Family and friends: How important is it to live close to them?