Five Reasons To Sell Your House During The Winter
Make it a Home for the Holidays
There is something about the Holiday season that feels magical. That magical feeling can really put a warm comfortable spin on Buyers that are searching for a home in the winter months.
Some Sellers discuss taking their homes off the market once the snow arrives. This can be a big mistake depending on the situation.
Here are five reasons to have your house listed in winter months:
- There are still Buyers out searching for homes. Yes, the number of transactions drops by 25% compared to a normal month in December, however the quality of prospects is very concentrated with serious shoppers on a mission to buy a home as opposed to the usual percentage of “just lookers”.
- The closing time periods are shorter at this time of year. The pendulum swings from quick 30 day closing in the winter months to longer 60-90 day closings in the spring and summer months. Buyers that are shopping in the winter months usually need a quicker possession. A large percentage of sales in November and December will close before the end of the year.
- There is actually less competition. There are fewer homes to choose from as inventory winds down. Don’t miss out. Shopping for a home is still on the list of many Buyers for many individual reasons, especially those trying to relocate to the area.
- Homes and Condos are still easy to show at this time of year. You can see landscaping and yard layouts. It is true that the leaves are gone however the holiday lights and decorations add a real sense of sprint to a home’s street escape. A wreath at the front door can really set the mood of a warm welcoming to any house hunter searching at this time of year. Make your home inviting to Buyers. Make your home a home for the holidays. You will enjoy it too.
- We are seeing record mortgage rates this fall with quotes of 2.89% fixed for 5 years. The offering of attractive interest rates and increasing incomes in the Ottawa area is really fueling the housing market here in Eastern Ontario. Can this last into the spring market? Be a step ahead of the competition. The market is good. Houses are selling every day.
Selling homes and condos is not a hobby for Greg, Shirley and Steve Hamre of the Hamre Real Estate Team at RE/MAX in Ottawa. We know the real estate business, we understand how to market real estate and our “five diamond” client care program is outstanding. Call us today at 613-841-2111 or visit our website at www.WeKnowOttawa.com