Why is Real Estate a good investment in Ottawa?
The excitement of the Ottawa Real Estate market is a hot topic these days. The media is all over it and the tempo is positive. The spring market is here with new and astonishing listings appearing each and every day on the web. The speed of communication is increasing and the allure of new marketing technologies is making it easier for purchasers to view their choices with in depth details, map views and videos before they ever enter the front door of a listing. With all this excitement is Ottawa a good market to invest in for real estate?
Here are some positive points to support your investment decisions on investing in the Ottawa market:
- Affordable housing; prices in Ottawa are below the National average.
- Demand for housing is up and supply is low with long lead times for new construction.
- Ottawa has a lower than average unemployment rate and it is forecasted to improve in 2010.
- The Average Income is the highest in the country and has been since 2000.
- Economic trends in the city are on the rise.
- Ottawa has a highly educated workforce and is a destination city for quality jobs.
- The population growth is fuelled by upscale immigration, the allure of the Capital City and the “Baby Boomers” are on the move.
- The Ottawa “Real Estate Market” is stable, showing modest growth year after year for the past 10 years.
- Attractive mortgage options with low cost of borrowing.
The Hamre Team understands the real estate market in Ottawa and we drive to achieve results for our clients every day. “This is not a hobby for us. It is our profession and inspiring dreams is our passion.”
Written by: Greg Hamre, Sales Representative for the Hamre Team at RE/MAX Metro City in Ottawa.